Officiating Education Pathway
The Officiating Education Pathway is for umpires and technical officials. It starts with a common online course followed by face-to-face courses that are specifically designed for the two roles.
The pathway is divided into 2 levels: Foundation and Advanced.
Foundation Level topics are:
- Role of the Official: roles, qualities, and characteristics of an FIHA Official
- The Game: rules and values of hockey, relevant technical components of the game
- The Athlete: athlete expectations about officials and officiating
- Officiating Theory: relevant officiating knowledge
- Preparing to Officiate: preparing the environment, facilities, equipment, safety and emergency procedures
- Plan, Do, Review: planning, goal setting, game strategy, evaluation
Advanced Level then develops on one or more of the Foundation Level topics in order to provide officials with specific training for their career level (national, international, etc.). The second level will develop one or more of these topics in order to provide officials with specific training for their officiating career level (national, international, etc.).
FIH Start Hockey (online)
This online programme is open for anyone who is currently involved or wants to become involved in hockey, globally; coaches, officials, managers, athletes, event organisers, volunteers and fans. The programme is also the starting point on the FIH Hockey Academy education pathway.Read more
To access this course you need to be over 16 years of age and completed the online Start Hockey course.Read more