The Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup in London this summer just got bigger and better!
With the tournament drawing ever closer we’re delighted to announce details of Fan Central, a hub for everyone to get together and kick-start their World Cup experience.
- The go-to destination for fans of the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup London 2018
- Site covering the size of almost three Hockey pitches where Great Britain’s women won bronze at London 2012
- Big screen, live music, food and drink with a festival vibe
- Free entry, open to all including non-ticket holders
Come early to maximise your day out! Walk the Vitality Mile and you’ll arrive at Fan Central; there’s loads to do. It’s a place to meet fellow fans, shop, eat, drink, pick up a stick, meet your sporting heroes and be entertained. Get together and sample the atmosphere of a World Cup in London!
With a big screen, live music, entertainment, plenty of places to eat and drink and a festival vibe, Fan Central will be the go-to destination both ahead of and after seeing the action inside Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
Over the coming weeks, we'll be releasing more details of all Fan Central has to offer and exclusive extras for ticket holders - from shopping, activities, eating and entertainment.
What is Fan Central?
- Go-to fan destination for the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup
- Space to provide spectators and fans a great day out, before, during and after the matches
- Chance to meet up with other fans, family, friends and club members
Where is it?
- Less than 5 minutes’ walk to the Arena entry for matches
- On the way to the Arena from Stratford and Hackney Wick stations
- Site of the River Bank Arena which hosted Hockey during the London 2012 Olympics
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Waterden Road, Stratford, London, E15 2EE.
What can you expect?
Big Screen and Stage!
With a big screen and stage, fans will be able to watch all the live action as well as seeing live music, acts and entertainment throughout the event. More details to be announced soon.
Food and Drink
An exciting, diverse street food offering will be available from some of London’s best street traders catering for all dietary requirements – you’ll sample a real oasis of flavour
Working with our event partners Fullers and Harrogate there’ll be bars and hot and cold drinks throughout
Give Hockey a go!
Pick up a stick and play Hockey in a variety of ways in a dedicated zone!
See Hockey through the ages and learn the sport’s history at The Hockey Museum
We’re welcoming a whole host of top international brands so you can browse the latest ranges of sticks, clothing and equipment!
Is it free?
Yes, entry is free of charge and everyone’s welcome. There is no need for a ticket. However there will be exclusive benefits for ticket holders.
Who can go?
Anyone, it doesn’t matter if you have a ticket for the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup matches or not. This is a must visit destination for anyone looking for a great day out and sharing in the atmosphere of a world cup in London.