Vitality Hockey Women's World Cup
Short of time but want to know all the key information to ensure you enjoy a fantastic, hiccup-free day? Please read on…
- Check the travel situation before you leave – We recommend you take a look at TFL.gov.uk for the latest travel information and ensure you leave plenty of time to get to Stratford Station or Stratford International.
- Check the weather forecast – The Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup is an open air event with limited protection from the elements. Please check the forecast and come prepared.
- Fan Central is an essential part of your World Cup experience – Fan Central opens between 2 and 3 hours ahead of the first match every day, so get there early to begin your great day out. We have a Toshiba TV’s Big Screen & Stage, music, fabulous food and drink courtesy of Kerb & Fullers, there’ll be a chance to meet your hockey heroes and much more.
- Walk the Vitality Mile to Fan Central – It’s pink, it’s the quickest route to Fan Central and there are lots of exciting things to do and see on the journey including the Merchant Gourmet Hockey Shy and Urban Dribble. Why not pick up your passport from Hockey Makers to collect stamps along the way and win prizes?
- Food & alcohol restrictions – You can bring small items of food into Fan Central but no alcohol or glass bottles. You won’t be able to take any food into the Arena however. Five Star Catering have got a great offering available and they’ll even bring a selection of drinks, snacks and ice creams to your seat.
- Water policy - You can bring:
- One sealed bottle of water per person, up to 500ml capacity
- Or up to 500ml water per person in an opened or reusable bottle with a maximum capacity of one litre. For example a family of four can bring in two full one litre bottles.
- Only water is allowed, no other liquids.
- Free water available at our water fountains in the Arena.
- Bag checks and security searches – You’d expect us to have these as its a big event. To minimise your queuing time we ask you to keep bags to a minimum and always smaller than 40cm x 30cm x 30cm. For the full list of restricted items please see here.
- Sorry, no cash machines and we’re not fully cashless – There are no cash machines on site. Most of our retailers and refreshment vendors will take cards, but certain ones will not. Please ensure you take a trip to the cash machine ahead of the event to enable you to pick up a souvenir Official Event Programme Guide amongst other items.
- Please remember your tickets – We have various ticket resolution points if there is a problem on the day, but you will avoid any unnecessary hassle if you bring your tickets!
- We will be there to help – We’d love your day at the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup to live up to your expectations. If something is troubling you or you have any queries, please approach one of our friendly Hockey Makers who will help you however they can.
- Please share this information – Not all your party may have read these Essentials. Please share these important details so everyone can make the most of their day.
We hope you have a great time at the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup.